Chapel

Christ's Chapel of God's Gift at Dulwich

Christ’s Chapel of God’s Gift at Dulwich, located in the heart of Dulwich Village, was the first of Alleyn’s Foundation buildings to be completed, being consecrated by the Archbishop of Canterbury on 1 September 1616.

In 1995, under a Scheme approved by the Charity Commission, the Chapel was established as a charity in its own right and its Charity Register number is 1057970. Using this number or the charity name, information is available on the following websites:

www.charity-commission.gov.uk

www.guidestar.org.uk

The Charity is governed by the same Board of Trustees as for The Dulwich Estate — see The Trustees.

The Trustees are committed to maintain Christ’s Chapel as a place of worship for the Foundation Schools (Alleyn’s School, Dulwich College and James Allen’s Girls’ School), the residents of the Dulwich Almshouses and the wider population of the area.

Click here to download a copy of the Charity’s latest Annual Report and Accounts.  To view previous years accounts go to Report Archive.

A Committee, comprising five Trustees and five other members representing the users of the Chapel, have responsibility for most aspects of the administration of the Charity within overall policies set by the Trustees and have a consultative role in the development and review of policies and budgets.

The use of the Chapel as a place of worship is the responsibility of the parish of St Barnabas - the Vicar of St Barnabas, the Reverend John Watson, also serves as the Foundation Chaplain.

Mr Roger Westbrook, the Trustee nominated by the most Revd and the Rt Hon the Archbishop of Canterbury, serves as Chairman of the Committee. Members of the Committee include the Foundation Chaplain, representation from the Parish and Congregation, and the Heads of all three schools. Chaplains of the Dulwich schools attend as Observers.

For service times and other information concerning the use of the Chapel, please refer to St Barnabas’ Parish Office and website:

www.stbarnabasdulwich.org

Address St Barnabas Parish Office
  40 Calton Avenue
  London
  SE21 7DG
   
Telephone 020 8693 1524
Fax 020 8693 0203
   
Email Address parishoffice@stbarnabasdulwich.org